2017 Western Region AAAE Poster Session
Please login to make a submission or review a poster. You must be a current AAAE member to login.
Call for Posters
to be considered for presentation at the
2017 Western Region Agricultural Education Conference
September 25-27, 2017 – Fort Collins, CO
Poster abstracts which report a completed idea, research, concept, or innovation that have not been previously reported at at any AAAE Regional Agricultural Education Research Conference or the National AAAE Research Conference will be considered for acceptance. All abstract submissions will be peer reviewed.
Poster abstracts must be authored or co-authored by authors from the Western Region of AAAE. If you are unsure of your membership status, you can email Marilyn Trefz (email@example.com) to check your membership status several weeks in advance of the submission deadline. Posters without at least one current AAAE member will be rejected.
Two poster session categories (types) will be accepted -- Innovative Idea (teaching, process and products) and Research. Innovative Idea posters must be a new idea or the creative modification of an existing idea. Research posters must be related to a problem, demonstrate a need for research, and address the national agricultural education research agenda. The innovative idea must be implemented or research must be completed prior to submission.
Poster narratives in each category must be of potential regional or national significance focusing in the areas of teaching, communications, extension and/or leadership. A peer review evaluation process will be used based on the established evaluation forms.
Once accepted, authors will be notified and posters will be presented at the AAAE Conference in Fort Collins, CO. Evaluation of both poster types – innovative and research – will be completed using a “People’s Choice” format.
ABSTRACT FORMAT – Please read directions
· Submit files in Acrobat (PDF) format. Word files are subject to automatic rejection.
· Abstract must be a maximum of two pages long plus up to one additional page of references. The abstract must include the title of the poster as the first line of page 1.
· The type of poster should be typed in the upper right-hand corner.
· The maximum submission length is 3 pages (2 page abstract, 1 page references).
· Document must be formatted in 12 point Times New Roman font, single spaced, with 1” margins. A word template is available on the website. SEE WEBSITE FOR FORMATTING DETAILS. (aaaeonline.org/poster)
· To facilitate a blind review, the author’s name or other significant identifying information should not appear in the two-page abstract narrative.
· Poster abstracts not conforming to the required submission guidelines or format may be rejected prior to the review process.
· No cover page on first submission. The author information will be entered in the submission form when uploading the narrative. (Make sure ALL authors are listed on submission form.)
If the poster is accepted, authors will resubmit the narrative with a cover page added that will then be included in the conference proceedings. Further instructions will be sent to accepted authors. (New – A cover page will only be required on accepted posters.)
· The cover page should contain the following information and be centered on the page—poster abstract title, author name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address of the authors. The type of poster should be printed in the upper right-hand corner.
Poster narrative proposals are due Monday, July 3 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Proposals must be submitted using the online form.
Submissions are completely online. Proposals must be submitted using the online form found at http://www.agedweb.org/agedweb/aaae/ (DO NOT submit on the paper submission site. Make sure you use the poster submission site.)
Submit the poster abstract in Acrobat (PDF) format only with no cover page.
Additional information regarding formatting, abstract submission and review, and poster evaluation can be found on the AAAE website, http://old.aaaeonline.org/posters/index.php.
Questions regarding submission can be addressed to: Theresa Murphrey, AAAE Western Region Poster Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Courtney Meyers, AAAE Poster Review and Submission Manager (email@example.com).
AAAE Home |
Event Manager: Courtney Meyers webmaster: Mike Spiess